Candy's Peeps

Friday, July 11, 2014

~ Juicy Character Snippets ~ Disrupted Utopia

                                        • Continued •

The fact still remained that Winston had given up on the idea of Utopia.

    "Mother, you don't understand the tragedy," Winston shouted with passion. His face was a deep plum color and dripped with perspiration.

    "I'm sure we can find another hobby shop close by," Marjorie started the car.

    "The plague that had be fallen me, I managed, no, I persevered in my painting!" Winston opened the box containing his orc army and groaned. "All for what? Twenty dollars?"

    "What did the guy quote before?"

    "Oh, it doesn't matter." Winston picked up a figurine. "You see this guy right here?"

    "Yes," Marjorie pretend to look.

     "See his axe and the color scheme I did?" Winston held the orc right in front of his mother's face. "Look at the blood, the detail, he alone is worth twenty dollars!"

Marjorie nodded and sighed at the same time. "How is your girlfriend doing in Chicago these days?"

Winston put the orc back in the box and closed the lid. "The strumpet hasn't written me in weeks, she could have died for all I know."

     "Have you ever thought about visiting her?" Marjorie said, sounding positive.

     "I am much too distressed to even think about traveling abroad."

Chicago was only one state over.

    "I will pay for everything," she dangled the carrot.

   "Mother please," he pinched the bridge of his nose. The plague threatened its return, more painting was in order. "Take me to my favorite ice-cream parlor, I need sustenance for if I am to overcome this defeat."

Marjorie changed lanes and said nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment