Candy's Peeps

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

~ Chasing The Rainbow ~

    When I was a little girl, I remember trying to find the end of a rainbow. It was a beautiful summer day, it had just rained and a radiant rainbow streaked the sky.

Some neighborhood kids and I set off on the adventure. We were going to find the end of the rainbow and the giant pot of gold waiting for our grubby mitts.

We ran. We giggled. We screamed with delight as we kept our heads to the brilliant sky. We could almost reach out and touch it, it was so close.

One by one as we ventured past our comfort zone in chasing the rainbow, we turned back with heavy hearts. We never found the end.

Today, I am still searching for my rainbow's end. Though, the adventure has changed slightly from that of a small child. The colors are ever still brilliant and that pot of gold is patiently still waiting.

Chase your rainbow, I'm chasing mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment