I love the crisp nights and the sweater mornings, not to mention the bugs that are soon to leave this earth. Death to you all! Muahaha!
Yes, indeed, fall is perfect.
In honor of fall, here is a delicious Gourmet Pumpkin Pie Recipe. Enjoy this beautiful time of year!
Original recipe makes 1 -9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- When making your favorite pastry for pie shells add 1/4 cup of the finely chopped pecans to the flour before mixing.
- Blend the egg, pumpkin and condensed milk. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, chopped pecans, butter and cinnamon with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle streusel mixture on top of pumpkin mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in near the center comes out clean. Let pie cool before serving. Enjoy!